Tomorrow Biostasis

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
jordansparks
Site Admin

Tomorrow Biostasis

Post by jordansparks »

I was recently made aware of Tomorrow Biostasis: https://tomorrowbiostasis.com/ Looks exciting! From a brief review of their website, it looks like they have about $1M in funding to start, no building that I could see, and two enthusiastic guys, but no other staff. There's a really cool picture of the inside of a cryo ambulance. I wish them the best, but they aren't really going to be able to do much without constant income and a building. Growing their membership will not help, because membership dues will simply be spent on maintaining membership paperwork and relationships. They might get lucky and get some wealthy people as members, but until they get a building, there's just not a lot that they can do. I'm thrilled that the founder is an MD. We need more enthusiastic MDs, many more.
Mati_Roy

Re: Tomorrow Biostasis

Post by Mati_Roy »

Object level: Tomorrow Biostasis doesn't do storage by design; they work with other providers for that part. The Europe Biostasis Foundation does have a building. They've automated a large part of the paperwork and have a partnership with a life insurance provider, so I don't think most of their spending will go towards maintaining membership paperwork (but I could be wrong).

Meta level: I would have hoped for Emil to reach out to you about Tomorrow Biostasis to share notes (I thought ze had). You've probably learned a lot with OregonCryo, and seems like it would be useful to discuss with others having similar endeavors. Maybe I should start posting such news on this forum.

I'll email both of you.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Tomorrow Biostasis

Post by jordansparks »

Ugh. I'm so embarrassed. I'm terrible with names. Yes, of course Dr. Kendziorra travelled to Salem to talk with me a couple of years ago. But the part of the conversation that I remembered was regarding the new EBF facility in Switzerland. So when I came across Tomorrow Biostasis, I forgot that it was a sister company.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRauluMeXYQ