Fees Lowered

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
jordansparks
Site Admin

Fees Lowered

Post by jordansparks »

I've reviewed all of our fees again and lowered them a bit. This was not done hastily, but only after mulling over the current fees for 5 years and after having gone through this process repeatedly before that. The amount that goes to the Patient Care Fund was lowered slightly, but is still 15 times the CI amount per pound of tissue. The most significant change was for cases where no perfusion is performed, including straight freeze. In those cases, we really don't have much cost other than long term storage. This means that the very lowest cost cryopreservation is now $8000 for brain only.
Mati_Roy

Re: Fees Lowered

Post by Mati_Roy »

I love it!
Mati_Roy

Post by Mati_Roy »

Now the need for CI to have a neuro option is nowhere near as salient. Although, using your 15x different figure for the PCT, presumably that means they could offer a 3.3k USD option, which would still be really great to see. As a reference point, that'd be below the average funeral cost (in Quebec).

But, standby, stabilisation, and transport (SST) is very expensive in comparison (so further optimisation in storage cost might not be as helpful) (although some funeral homes will do SST for about 10k USD IIANM, so relative cost reduction would still be significant for those cases), and very few people seem interested in moving near their cryonics service provider and using MAiD it seems.
Mati_Roy

Post by Mati_Roy »

Whether we ship you a brain that is already cryopreserved for storage (human or animal companion) or have the person / animal cryopreserved by OregonCryo, in both cases the price is the same -- is that correct?
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

That is true. I think that if we get a brain, in pretty much all cases, we will need to immerse in cryoprotectant stages for a few months. So I don't see any point in trying to break down that fee into sub-fees. It's hard to compare our costs with CI's, but I'm certainly not suggesting that CI try to offer a lower cost service. Quite the opposite. My point was sort of that they are probably undercharging.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

I took another look at the Pet page, and revised the fees to differentiate between those that need perfusion and those that do not.
Darzin

Post by Darzin »

Mati_Roy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:33 pm )But, standby, stabilisation, and transport (SST) is very expensive in comparison (so further optimisation in storage cost might not be as helpful) (although some funeral homes will do SST for about 10k USD IIANM, so relative cost reduction would still be significant for those cases), and very few people seem interested in moving near their cryonics service provider and using MAiD it seems.
Well one advantage of Oregon Cryonics is that Salem is a very pleasent location, much more so than Phoenix or Detroit. I do think it's important to live where your Cryonics provider is based otherwise the wait times are just too long.
Mecsrt

Post by Mecsrt »

Hello,

In an email conversation I had with CI's CTO, I asked him if they would ever do the head option. And a SST service will be used from a well educated funeral home.
Including CI's costs in total, it could come out to $50K for a full body operation.
But follow the rule.of proportion for head in reference of body, 1/7, It means a divide de price between 7 (50.000/7=7.143$)
The full price drops to around $8000.
I think is time to other Cryonics organizations down. prices.