Website updated

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
jordansparks
Site Admin

Website updated

Post by jordansparks »

It's been a few years, so I updated most of the pages on our website. I got rid of links to the member portal because member growth is no longer a goal, and members are a costly distraction. I also removed the page about the Reanimation Fund as an overfunding mechanism. Overfunding now just goes into the general fund. For a few years, some of the technology we were working on was overly complex. This would include Intermediate Temperature Storage and computer-controlled perfusion. For various reasons, many of the complex approaches were determined to be undesirable, usually because they resulted in much greater risk of failure without any actual advantage over simpler approaches. Those pages have now been reworked and moved a little deeper. Instructions for Funeral Directors are now much simpler. We no longer ask them to perform any procedures that they do not normally perform.

The combination of all of these changes reflects an ongoing intense focus on our core mission of providing extremely high quality and reliable local services.
PCmorphy72

Re: Website updated

Post by PCmorphy72 »

Congratulations for your update. I hope that you will find a way to get a stable (and cheap) ITS, but at least I’ve had the opportunity to know of your “complexity difficulties” as a “change” when I’m still alive.

Neglecting member growth can be efficient for a small facility, but if your facility will grow, I think such a distraction will be necessary (but then you will have more personnel employed, Bay Area or not)

Now the standard procedure is for entire cephalon (no longer braincase only). I’ve always thought that I’m my connectome, yes, but at about 95%: that’s a great portion in a cryonics sense (where we often hear 1%, 25%, and so on), but I think that the "essence" of me is also how my CNS interacts with my body, and I guess that if some warranty of a cheap "LN-space" would exist, you would offer whole body preservation. Alcor specifies they will cut at the 6th cervical vertebrae (C6). Do you save more space? (jokingly speaking, I’d pay some extra 2000$/vertebrae :lol: )