ASC vs Vitrification

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
ruslan

ASC vs Vitrification

Post by ruslan »

Excuse my poor EnglishYou write that asc is not suitable for the future revival, but is there something better today? What are the chances that in future the AI or people will find a way to restore such a brain in comparison with vitrification in cryocompanies, so that at the same time there is no simulacrum half finished by some algorithm.It seems to me that the first method in this case no competition. (In fact, I'm not sure that a person frozen and resurrected after 1000 years will be the same person. Well, you know this as startrek transporter. A person disappears here and appears there.Or a person dies and an copy of it appears.Science doesn't know yet. Hopefully, when I get older, a method of gradual transmission of consciousness or a cure for aging appears.Fortunately i'm pretty young)
jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: ASC vs Vitrification

Post by jordansparks »

I think ASC is suitable for future revival -- even better than older cryonics technology.
ruslan

Post by ruslan »

you seem to be writing that asc is more toxic. conventional vitrification seems to be easily reversible. what about asc? How much harder will it be? What are the difficulties? What do you think would find a way to remove the solution without harm and revitalize the brain for 500(1000) years? or is it a potentially insoluble problem and something on the verge of magic and infinity stones?
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

I never said ASC was more toxic. Exactly the opposite. See http://www.oregoncryo.com/suspendedAnimation.html. The word "toxic" is an absolutely meaningless term in this context. With all cryonics, we will need to repair covalent bonds, so there is no additional complexity at all to also repairing some aldehyde bonds. There is NO difference in difficulty of repair. On the very narrow specific issue of the difficulty of repair of these additional bonds, all scientists agree.
ruslan

Post by ruslan »

Okay, I realized that asc unique for today a way to keep the brain qualitatively.
(I apologize if the questions are repeated but all these topics are new and not yet completely determined even for scientists.+language)
Let's conclude
you write
"I think ASC is suitable for future revival -- even better than older cryonics technology."
and
"Structural quality must never be sacrificed simply in order to maintain viability of some cells further into the procedure. For example, irreversible chemical preservation techniques are desirable because they result in better final structural preservation, even though viability is lost sooner."

so how theoretically irreversible are these changes when viewed in the context of suspended animation?

Do you think scientists will find a way to reverse this without harm and resurrect me in 500 years, maybe in 1000 after asc in the context of suspended animation???

that there are more chances, in any case, than with vitrification in most cases (when we get just a mess in the head, instead of preserving ourselves, and as a maximum the basis for a not one hundred percent identical clone), I understand
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

I've also laid out future repair scenarios, with my rough estimates of timelines.
http://www.oregoncryo.com/futureTechnology.html

I think what might be still missing on the website is a page describing what you might do with this information once retrieved. It won't be 100%. Scenarios to resolve this might include filling in memory gaps with :
-Generic info
-Special skills your were known to have
-Historical events and places you are known to have experienced
-Memories from other people
-Recordings, letters, email
-Using DNA to determine "how" you think about things

Other scenarios would describe what to do with this recovered mind or partial mind. I'm really only interested in scenarios that are somewhat likely, so I would limit my speculation to software scenarios rather than including any biological scenarios. Keep in mind that, in addition to having a damaged mind, you will also be very far behind the curve both financially and mentally. Just as there are currently many humans who are wealthier than you, there are bound to be many in the future who are wealthier and also thousands of times more intelligent. Scenarios might include:
-Joining your mind with an existing relative
-Levels of freedom that you might have
-How financial resources would limit options
-Joining your mind with an existing collective
-Making your mind available to strangers as a free download
-Archaeologists using your mind for research
-Documentary or movie makers using your mind for creative research

I just thought of an analogy. There are many different kinds of people in current society who are far behind the norm. Some of those groups in include those who are old and frail, those with intellectual disabilities, and those with physical disabilities. It's just an analogy, but you would sort of be in that category. Imagine how those people live. It's usually with relatives or in institutions. You would probably have to work your way up from there, unlike current disabled people who are stuck permanently.
Konrad

Post by Konrad »

You might end up like your own mitochondria, that is, slave labour powering the industrial machinery of your captors’ cells.

And that’s one way to smuggle yourself into the future. It’s actually how I got here. My grandparents were captured by the Germans for use as slave labor by the the nazi war machine. They met in Frankfurt after the war. Two captured slaves speaking German to each other as it was their only common language. My grandmother, supposedly from a Polish background, learned Polish as her 4th language, when she married my grandfather and settled in Poland.

Fun cryonics fact for you.
cryomorph

Post by cryomorph »

(I moved this content to its own thread - Jordan)