Russian Medical Facility

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
jordansparks
Site Admin

Russian Medical Facility

Post by jordansparks »

I see in this article
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/d634e198-a435 ... 4f346.html
that Kriorus is "moving to a new 3,300 square metre facility", which is 35,521 sf. They would only need 5,000 to 10,000 sf, so this is too big. It doesn't make sense until you notice that they are talking about the entire shared building and are including the space of the medical tenants in that number. This is a really fascinating approach to professionalizing cryonics. Unfortunately, I don't think it would work in the US for a few reasons. Most importantly, medical space in the US is generally kept separate from other commercial and industrial space. It runs at quite a premium and would not be affordable. They don't have this issue in Russia because they have many fewer regulations, resulting in a lower cost of doing business.
Another issue is on-site residents. Any cryonics facility needs people living on site in order to guard and care for patients, and the more the better. Russia probably has no laws preventing caretakers from living on-site. But a leased space in a modern medical facility in the US is just not going to be a place where staff can also live. We need to be able to form a community living in and near the building. This requires owning our own building instead of leasing space.
jonano

Re: Russian Medical Facility

Post by jonano »

they do like Alcor I think, do I am in error thinking like this ?