Professionals

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
jordansparks
Site Admin

Professionals

Post by jordansparks »

When I use the term cryonics "professional", I keep assuming it's obvious what I'm talking about. Apparently, the dysfunctional cryonics establishment has abused that term for so long that everyone's confused about this simple concept. A professional is someone who is skilled in a specific activity and who performs that activity as their main occupation. If a medical professional is trained for a few weekends, and is then hired for specific cases, they are NOT a cryonics professional because cryonics is not their main occupation. A full time employee of a cryonics company who is performing procedures on a patient is NOT a professional unless they've been performing similar procedures on a daily basis for a few years and they have relevant background and training. Under the standard dictionary definition of professional, there are a few cryonics professionals in the world, but they are not clinical. These non-clinical professionals run the facilities, keep the liquid nitrogen topped off, do paperwork, etc. There isn't really anyone who is a professional when it comes to performing the procedures on patients. One could argue that Hillary, the full-time funeral director at CI, meets the criteria, but I think that's a stretch, based on training and experience.