Building shell is complete

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
jordansparks
Site Admin

Building shell is complete

Post by jordansparks »

The shell of our new 8000 sf building is complete. It's now weatherproof and secure, interior framing is done, and landscaping is done. Progress will continue slowly over the next year or so. It will need heat, electricity, drywall, etc.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Building shell is complete

Post by jordansparks »

Sprinkler system is installed.
Mati_Roy

Post by Mati_Roy »

I'd be curious to see a picture :)
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

Electrical and plumbing rough-in are done. Drywall is underway. The 1500 L microbulk liquid nitrogen (LN2) tank has been ordered and will arrive soon. This tank is 8' tall and 4' in diameter, so it's not huge. We don't go through a lot of LN2, but it's essential that we always have it on hand and that it's reliable. It will be kept full by deliveries from a semitruck about once a month. It's higher pressure than the portable 200 L tanks that we currently get delivered, with a normal evaporation rate (NER) of 1% instead of 2.5%.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

Roof top A/C units were craned into place yesterday.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

Door frames and suspended ceilings are done. All this finishing stuff always seems to drag out. I've asked the architect to draw a set of stairs and two upstairs RRs. That will give us another 3000 sf on the second floor. There are a few reasons for this. The primary reason is that much of the upstairs could be research space and/or light storage. Another reason is that it dramatically increases the appraised value so that I can get a bigger mortgage. But we will be able to move in prior to the construction of the stairs.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

Done. We have a certificate of occupancy. Still lacking the backup generator which is on back order for a few weeks. So now, it's a matter of gradually moving in. This is momentous! I've been trying to get to this point for so many years.
Darzin

Post by Darzin »

Congratulations! I'd also be curious to see a picture of the new laction once things get setup.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

I was thinking of doing a video walkthrough before we start to add clutter.
Mati_Roy

Post by Mati_Roy »

That's awesome -- congratulations on this milestone!! (I'd watch the video too!)