Why not invite Mike Darwin?

Welcome to the Oregon Cryonics forum
Aaron_Agassi

Why not invite Mike Darwin?

Post by Aaron_Agassi »

I'd be interested to hear his impressions.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: Why not invite Mike Darwin?

Post by jordansparks »

I'm sure he knows about this forum. His posts are entertaining, but I also enjoy my peace and quiet.
Snover

Post by Snover »

jordansparks wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:43 pm I'm sure he knows about this forum. His posts are entertaining, but I'm excited about these probiotics and my peace and quiet.
Are you saying "be careful what you wish for," Jordan? haha
Last edited by Snover on Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aaron_Agassi

Post by Aaron_Agassi »

All of this drama is going over my head. There is too much at stake.
jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks »

Maybe I was unclear. Mike has visited OC repeatedly over the years. I've learned a number of things through face-to-face communication that were important. Of course, our opinions differ about many things, but that's not a deal breaker. After a number of years, we sort of ran out of things to say to each other. Intermittent visits and forum discussions are not going to solve any technical problems at all. They don't help advance proficiency or make the organization better. If he came and worked here for a few years full-time, that might be helpful, but we fundamentally and strongly disagree on the terms. I would want an employee who could follow directions, whereas he would want to be an equal partner. He's also getting older and is very settled in his life in California, so it would be nearly impossible for him to move to Salem and be effective. The benefit simply does not outweigh the cost. As for asking for his input on this forum? No way. Like I said, it wouldn't help.